- Home /
- Solar Charger for Mobile Devices - DISCONTINUED
This solar charger allows you to charge your device wherever you are. No power source is needed as this device will convert light into battery power for your mobile device. Simply direct the solar panels at natural light and the 3.7 V Lithium-ion batteries (1200-1400mAh) will be charged with enough power to keep your device running. The output voltage of this unit is 5.7 V (350-600mAh).
Use a USB cable to connect the solar charger to your device to allow you to charge when you are on the move.
- Can be used to charge most devices which use USB chargers
- Uses a 3.7 V Lithium-ion battery (1200-1400mAh)
- Output voltage of unit is equal to 5.7 V (350-600 mAH).
- Power indicator included. When LED glows red to show power is full, glows orange to indicate 60-95% charge, glows green to indicate power is lower than 60% and needs to be recharged
- Depending on the strength of the light available it takes approximately 34 hours to fully charge the batteries
- The Solar Charger will not over-charge your device when used with the correct cable
- Designed for devices requiring 500mA and should not be used with anything requiring more current
- Size: 120mm x 85.5mm x 19.5mm
Recent product reviews
Review by Jeffrey Swerdlow,
Overall5 / 5
“Although Proporta claims it takes up to 16 hours to fully charge the internal battery, I found that the device was charged in about 5 hours. That is pretty darn good for such a small solar device. When the internal battery is fully charged, the charger automatically switches itself off to prevent damage. Once you have charged the internal battery, simply plug in your mobile device using a USB charging cable, sit back and let it charge. This process takes about 2 hours, which is pretty much as fast as if you plugged the device directly into a powered USB port.<p><a href='http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=836' target='_blank'>http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=836</a></p>
(Posted on 29.06.2006 | 00:00)
Review by – Leslie, Ireland
Overall5 / 5
I have used your company for many many palm accessories in the past and have always found you reliable and efficient.
(Posted on 03.06.2006 | 00:00)
All items will be sent using Royal Mail, followed by your local postal service, absolutely free of charge. Other faster options are also available:
- International Business Tracked (Previously Airsure) $18.50
Standard shipping times, including the free shipping method, are as follows:
UK: 2-4 working days
US/Canada and Western Europe: 5-10 working days
Rest of the world: 10 working days (approx)
We hope you won't have to but sometimes it just can't be helped and you'll need to return an item. To make this as easy as possible, we have an address label available to download / print at www.proporta.com/returns
Alternatively you can send it back to the address below:
US and Canada returns only:
303 Emily's Dr.
UK, Europe and Rest of the World Returns Address:
Proporta.com - Returns Department
Unit 3 Woodingdean Business Park
Sea View Way
To check full details of our returns policy, please visit our Help and Support pages